- JDLand announced that Forest City Washington is moving forward with the plans for a sixteen-screen movie theater near Nationals Park.
- Going Out Gurus shared the news that Gordon Biersch is in fact trying to open in time for the Nationals’ home opener.
- As the construction in front of Union Station nears completion, The Washington Post has a great before-and-after visual.
- We Love DC reviewed (and loved) Tash, which just opened on Barracks Row.
- Young & Hungry has more on the mystery of the imaginary minimum pour regulations.
- THIH’s Tim Ebner investigated the history of the two buffalo heads that oversee the bar at Beuchert’s Saloon for Young & Hungry.
- This is slightly outside of our area, but too funny to not share. DCist reported that a Pepsi vending machine in front of an apartment building in Trinidad was dispensing malt liquor.
- Tom Sietsema gave Ambar two stars in his recent review of our new Balkan cuisine restaurant.
- ANC Commissioner Brian Flahaven shared his Testimony on Reservation 13 for March 1 DMPED Oversight Hearing and a recap of the meeting on the future of 1550 Pennsylvania Avenue SE.
- Young & Hungry explained that the Capital City Diner, which was to be resurrected in some form outside of Union Market,will have to sit unused a little longer while construction issues are sorted out.
- Urban Turf reported that the plans for the 48-unit apartment building at 501 H Street NE are off.
March 5th, 2013 by Claudia Holwill · No Comments · Capitol Hill
Tags: Hill Buzz