- City Paper reported last week that Tommy Wells is launching an exploratory committee for a possible mayoral run. Yesterday, Wells confirmed with a video statement on a website dedicated to his possible run.
- Do you want to have a house with a fabulous wine cellar? If so, Curbed DC found a Capitol Hill home that would be perfect for you.
- DCist noted that Schneider’s has applied to sell liquor on Sundays, despite having testified against lifting the ban on Sunday sales.
- H Street Great Street reported that DDOT is claiming to still be on track to bring streetcars to H Street by late 2013.
- ANC 6B Commissioner Phil Peisch shared news that two arrests have been made in recent crime investigations on Capitol Hill.
- Young & Hungry asks, “Does Renovating a Beloved Bar Mean Quashing Its Charm?” in response to some criticisms about the new Hawk & Dove.
- DCist and Frozen Tropics reported that there was a stabbing on an X2 bus on H Street near 11th Street NE.
- PoPville rumored that Whole Foods is looking to come to H Street NE.
- JDLand shared pictures of the progress at Lumber Shed and Twelve12 at the Yards and the Gordon Biersch space.
- Greater Greater Washington examined ways to reconfigure the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Potomac Avenue SE.
- Eater DC shared information on Broodjes & Bier, a dutch-style sandwich concept that hopes to eventually open a store on Capitol Hill. They have started a Kickstarter campaign and will operate out of the Silver Spork (formerly known as Marvelous Market) untl they are able to open a brick and mortar location of their own.
- A new fitness and boxing gym, DCBFit is opening this Thursday in the Capitol Hill Tower building at 1000, New Jersey Avenue SE.
- Urban Daddy checked out the newly opened Tash on 8th Street SE.
- Urban Daddy also got a peek at the soon to open Beuchert’s Saloon on Pennsylvania Avenue, SE. We’ll have more pictures for you this week!
February 5th, 2013 by Claudia Holwill · No Comments · Capitol Hill
Tags: Hill Buzz