Photo by r_bowley on Flickr
- Young & Hungry looks at the speakeasy trend and how the idea fed into the concept for Harold Black, and questions whether or not a secret number is the way to go, noting in a separate post that PX abandoned the idea.
- Red Palace is being replaced with Vendetta, an Italian restaurant. H Street Great Street, Young & Hungry, Frozen Tropics and Eater have details.
- JDLand reported that a few residents are trying to raise interest in having the city turn the federally owned warehouse at Half and L SE into a market and community space.
- ANC 6B Commissioner Brian Flahaven recapped the first meeting of 2013. Of note, an update from CSX, Capitol Hill might get an urgent care facility, and neighbors are complaining about Chipotle.
- Young & Hungry shared a preview of Ambar.