If the holiday doldrums have settled in your heart, and you can’t quite remember why you love Capitol Hill, here are a few recent memories to help:
- Have you noticed how pretty all the lampposts around the main streets and parks are when lit with perfect six-pointed snowflakes?
- Have you been cheered-up lately by one of the always-polite Men in Blue, who not only keep our streets tidy and debris-free, but who also are quick to say hello, no matter the weather?
- Have you taken a moment to stop by and say hello to Big George, perhaps clutching a cup of coffee from Pound the Hill or Peregrine to warm your hands?
- Have you had your happy carb fix at The Pretzel Bakery or bought a gin to warm your heart and soul, which was thoughtfully recommended to you by someone at Schneider’s? Or maybe you want to try infusing your own gin after trying one of Erik’s delicious gins or vodkas at Wisdom?
- Have you stopped in your tracks, seeing the colors of the sunset framing a halo around Eastern Market?
I could go on, but at this point you probably had your lightbulb-clarity moment and realized how lucky we are to call the Hill home. So click on over to Curbed DC and vote for our neighborhood in their latest edition of the Curbed Cup. We are pitted against Anacostia, and they are beating us as of this posting.
So what are you waiting for? Invoke your own happy memories and let your fingers do the voting!