One of the original missions of The Hill is Home was to bring together important and useful information about Capitol Hill into one place online. With everything else going on in our lives, it can be difficult to remember when and where your local ANC meeting takes place, what the URL is for their web site, or when the PSA meeting is and what PSA even stands for (Police Service Area, in case you were not sure).
Today we are excited to launch our Events Calendar tab, found at the top of the page. This calendar includes monthly ANC, PSA, and other neighborhood community meetings along with location, time, and contact information. If you have an event that you would like to have added, please let me know by emailing me at ClaudiaTheHillIsHome [at] gmail.com. Please note that at this time we are not posting fundraisers, promotional events, or social events. However, we do plan to develop a larger calendar for these types of events in the near future, so keep checking back for updates!
Here are meetings taking place over the next two weeks. I have included links to agendas for the ANC meetings, if they have been provided online. If you are unsure which ANC or PSA you are in, you can learn more about the ANC boundaries here, and PSA boundaries here.
Tuesday, December 1
- First District Citizens Advisory Council, 7 pm at the First District Police Headquarters 415 4th Street, SW
- H Street Heritage Trail Working Group, 7 pm at the Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1333 H Street, NE, in Lab Theater 2
- North Lincoln Park Neighborhood Association (NLPNA) Monthly Meeting, 7:30 pm at Lane Memorial Baptist Church 1423 C Street, NE
Thursday, December 3
- Hill School Info Night, 5:30 pm – 8 pm in the basement of St. Peter’s Church, located on corner of 2nd and C Streets, SE.
- PSA 106 Monthly Meeting, 7 pm at Tyler Elementary School 1001 G Street, SE
Monday, December 7
- Rosedale Citizens Alliance Monthly Meeting, 7:30 pm at The Argonaut Tavern 1433 Maryland Avenue, NE
Tuesday, December 8
- ANC 6B Monthly Meeting, 7 pm at The Old Naval Hospital located at 921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE (agenda)
- PSA 102 Monthly Meeting, 7 pm at Sherwood Recreation Center, Corner of 10th and G Streets, NE
Wednesday, December 9
- ANC 6C Monthly Meeting, 7 pm at The Heritage Foundation Building, 214 Massachusetts Avenue NE (agenda)
- PSA 103 Monthly Meeting, 7 pm at Miner Elementary School, 601 15th Street, NE
Thursday, December 10
- Public Hearing on Ward 6 Performance Parking Plan, 10 am in Room 412 of the John A. Wilson Building at 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- ANC 6A Monthly Meeting, 7 pm at Miner Elementary School, 601 15th Street, NE